Friday, August 28, 2009

LandWarNet 2009 in Review

I spent the week of August 17th in Ft. Lauderdale, FL attending the LandWarNet Conference. This was my first time at the conference, so I figured I would share a bit of my experience with you.

This year’s theme was, “A Global Network Enterprise Enabling Full Spectrum Operations for the Joint Warfighter”, and the exhibiting companies came from a range of technology industries including government consulting, military equipment to software.

While the show is predominately Army-focused, there were some smaller mixed groups in attendance as well. Attendance was strong, considering the state of the economy and the majority of the show sessions were full. The show floor was lively the first two days, but emptied out on day three. According to many LandWarNet veterans, the show is a magnet for hurricanes and has been closed early numerous times, so I’m not surprised people didn’t stick around the entire time.

Here are a few pictures from LandWarNet:






No comments:

Post a Comment